Welcome to the Observatory of Épendes
General requirements related to COVID-19
Public visits to the Observatory of Épendes are once again possible. The requirements listed in our precautionary measures apply, in particular:
- Booking is mandatory, the week before the event:
- The number of visitors is limited to 15 and to a maximum of 5 persons per booking. Larger groups have the possibility to book the Observatory for a private visit.
- The wearing of a surgical mask is mandatory except for children of primary school age; visitors must bring their own mask. The wearing of protective eyeglasses, lent by the Observatory, is also mandatory
- People showing symptoms of illness are not allowed to enter the Observatory premises
- The registered visitors are expected to be there at the start of the visit; the Observatory doors will be closed once the visit has begun
Every friday, in all weathers,
- 19.00–21.00 (November to March),
- 21.00–23.00 (April and September-October),
- 22.00–24.00 (May to August).
First Sunday of the month, 10.00 – 12.00, only in fine weather, for observing the sun.
Observatory of Épendes
Route du Petit-Épendes 45
CH–1731 Épendes (FR)
We would welcome your support, either by donating into the Postfinance account 17-55696-1 or by joining the Association of Friends of the Observatory of Épendes. If you like to get actively involved (as a demonstrator, for maintenance tasks ot as a collaborator in special activities), feel free to contact us.