Welcome to the Observatory of Épendes
For logistical reasons, we request that visitors book their visit in the week before the event. The number of visitors is limited to 30 and to a maximum of 5 persons (including children) per booking. Events without bookings will not take place.
- Next nightly observation: friday night 31 Mar 2023. Remaining seats: 16.
Book your visit for 31 Mar 2023!
- Next observation of the Sun: sunday morning 2 Apr 2023, 10 to 12 am. Remaining seats: 17.
Book your visit for 2 Apr 2023!
The registered visitors are expected to be there at the start of the visit; the Observatory doors will be closed once the visit has begun
Every friday, in all weathers,
- 19.00–21.00 (November to March),
- 21.00–23.00 (April and September-October),
- 22.00–24.00 (May to August).
First Sunday of the month, 10.00 – 12.00, only in fine weather, for observing the sun.
Observatory of Épendes
Route du Petit-Épendes 45
CH–1731 Épendes (FR)
We would welcome your support, either by donating via Twint or to IBAN CH53 0076 8300 1688 1490 2 or by joining the Association of Friends of the Observatory of Épendes.
If you'd like to get actively involved (as a presenter, for maintenance tasks or as a collaborator in special activities), feel free to contact us.