Welcome to the Observatory of Épendes
For logistical reasons, we request that visitors book their visit in the week before the event. The number of visitors is limited to 30 and to a maximum of 5 persons (including children) per booking. Events without bookings will not take place.
- Next nightly observation: friday night 3 Feb 2023. Remaining seats: 25.
Book your visit for 3 Feb 2023!
- Next observation of the Sun: sunday morning 5 Feb 2023, 10 to 12 am. There is no more seat available.
You can register on the waiting list (Reservations already on the waiting list: 1).
The registered visitors are expected to be there at the start of the visit; the Observatory doors will be closed once the visit has begun
Every friday, in all weathers,
- 19.00–21.00 (November to March),
- 21.00–23.00 (April and September-October),
- 22.00–24.00 (May to August).
First Sunday of the month, 10.00 – 12.00, only in fine weather, for observing the sun.
Observatory of Épendes
Route du Petit-Épendes 45
CH–1731 Épendes (FR)
We would welcome your support, either by donating via Twint or into the Postfinance account 17-55696-1 or by joining the Association of Friends of the Observatory of Épendes.
If you'd like to get actively involved (as a presenter, for maintenance tasks or as a collaborator in special activities), feel free to contact us.