Welcome to the Observatory of Épendes
Public visits are possible again!
Booking is mandatory, the week before the event. The number of visitors is limited to 15 and to a maximum of 5 persons (including children) per booking. All visitors over 16 years must present a valid COVID certificate and an identity document.
- Next nightly observation: friday night 22 Oct 2021. There is no more seat available.
You can register on the waiting list (Reservations already on the waiting list: 0).
- Next observation of the Sun: sunday morning 7 Nov 2021, 10 to 12 am. Remaining seats: 11.
Book your visit for 7 Nov 2021!
The registered visitors are expected to be there at the start of the visit; the Observatory doors will be closed once the visit has begun
The requirements listed in our precautionary measures apply.
Every friday, in all weathers,
- 19.00–21.00 (November to March),
- 21.00–23.00 (April and September-October),
- 22.00–24.00 (May to August).
First Sunday of the month, 10.00 – 12.00, only in fine weather, for observing the sun.
Observatory of Épendes
Route du Petit-Épendes 45
CH–1731 Épendes (FR)
We would welcome your support, either by donating into the Postfinance account 17-55696-1 or by joining the Association of Friends of the Observatory of Épendes. If you like to get actively involved (as a demonstrator, for maintenance tasks or as a collaborator in special activities), feel free to contact us.