The design and assembly of the coelostat VTT 120 extends the equipment of the observatory to another area. This makes it possible not only to admire the night sky, but also the sun, with its sunspots, prominences, etc. The installation of the telescope opens to visitors several new possibilities:
- Projection of white sunlight against a wall, so that all observers can simultaneously observe sunspots, granulation, solar rotation, etc.
- Projection of the solar spectrum with the Fraunhofer lines
- Observation of prominences by means of a hydrogen-alpha filter
- Observing the Sun in white light directly in the eyepiece with maximum magnification
- Photography and video works
Designer: AOK (Astrooptik Kohler)